Click the underlined works for more details.
Works for orchestra
- Wiegenlied (2020), 11′, (3333/4331/1+3/hp/archi)
Commissioned by the Oslo Philharmonic, Gothenburg Symphony and Helsinki Philharmonic orchestras. Will be premiered 20.8.2020 by the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Klaus Mäkelä.
- Sospirando 4 (2019), 6′, strings (orig. 2vl/vla/2vlc)
- Recharged (2015/2018), 6′, strings
Will be premiered by Ostrobothanian Chamber Orchestra conducted by Klaus Mäkelä.
- Un Grande Sospiro (2018), 22′, orchestra (2222/2200/2/archi)
Commissioned by Tapiola Sinfonietta & Kymi Sinfonietta. Will be premiered in autumn 2019 by Tapiola Sinfonietta conducted by Klaus Mäkelä.
- Batteria (2016), 11′, orchestra (3333/4331/1+3/pf/hp/archi)
Premiered by André de Ridder and the Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra 1.2.2017. Commissioned by the Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE.
- Gryf (2013), 16′, orchestra (2222/2210/1perc+timp/archi)
Premiered by Kymi Sinfonietta conducted by Yasuo Shinozaki.
- Kouta (2007), 8′, orchestra (2222/2200/1+1/archi)
Works for soloist and orchestra
- Piano concerto (2019), 27′, (2333/4331/1+3/pf.solo/archi)
Commissioned by the Finnish and Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestras. Will be premiered 1.4.2020 by Vikingur Olafsson and the Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Klaus Mäkelä.
- Violin concerto “Der Leiermann” (2017), 25′, for violin & orchestra (2232/4330/1+1/hp/vl.solo/archi)
Premiered by Pekka Kuusisto & Oulu Symphony Orchestra cond. Johannes Gustavsson 19.10.2017. Commissioned by Oulu Sinfonia.
- “Die Welt – Ein Tor”, Concerto for Cello & Orchestra (2017), 16′, for cello & orchestra (2222/2200/1+1/vlc.solo/archi)
Premiered by Sirja Nironen, vlc & Sibelius Academy Symphony Orchestra conducted by Atso Almila in February, 2018 at SibaFest. Commissioned by the Paulo Foundation as a centenary gift to Finland.
- Concerto for tuba and orchestra (2008), 20′
- Concerto for piano, strings and percussion (2008) Piano concerto nr 2, 20′
- Fantasy for piano and orchestra (2007), 7′
Works for ensemble
- Chorale (2015), 4′, for child orchestra (2020/2111/0/archi)
Premiered by Hauskat Sävelet orchestra conducted by Santtu-Matias Rouvali
- Jum (2014), 4′, chamber ensemble and mezzo-soprano (1111/2010/perc/arpa/mezzo/11111)
Premiered by Essi Luttinen and Avanti! conducted by Jaakko Kuusisto
- Sola (2013), 7′, chamber ensemble (fl,ob,cl,sax,cor,perc,pf,vl,vla,vlc)
Premiered by Uusinta-chamber ensemble conducted by Jozsef Hars
- Nova (2012), 8′, chamber ensemble (fl,ob,cl,fg,cor,perc,pf,2vl,vla,vlc)
Premiered by Esbjerg ensemble conducted by Johannes Liedbergius
Music for stage
- Syrjä (2016), 20′, for 2 dancers, video, string trio and piano
Premiered 20.5.2016 in Pietarsaari, Finland. http://newmusictheatre.fi
Choreography and directing: Vilma Tihilä
Visualisation: Tommi Mustaniemi
- Double Trouble (2021), 11′, vl/vlc
Commissioned by the Tapiola Sinfonietta and premiered by Pekka Kuusisto & Klaus Mäkelä
- Sospirando 1 “Awake” (2017), 5-7′, 3-4 percussion
Commissioned by Awake Percussion.
- Sospirando 2 “Folio” (2018), c.13-17′, vlc+acc (with optional amplification)
Commissioned by Harri Kuusijärvi.
- Sospirando 3 “Fanfare” (2018), 1′, 3 trp
Commissioned by the Turku Music Festival.
- Sospirando 4 “Schubert” (2019), 6′, 2vl/vla/2vlc
Commissioned by the Turku Music Festival.
- A Due (2016), 7′, flute & guitar
Premiered by Hanna Juutilainen & Markku Laakso at 5.2.2016 in Sellosali, Espoo.
Commissioned by the performers with the kind funding of Wihuri fund.
- Charged 1 (2015), 7′, eight cellos
Premiered and commissioned by Martti Rousi, Jaani Helander, Lauri Kankkunen, Jonathan Roozeman, Markus Hallikainen, Oskari Holopainen, Barbara Musafia and Lauri Rantamoijanen.
- Music for sextet “Shattered land” (2015), 15′, ob,bsn,cor,prc,vl,vla
Premiered by Zagros ensemble
- Pianoquartet “Chasse-Neige” (2014), 13′, vl/vla/vlc/pf
Premiered by Ensemble Recherche
- Schatten-Spiel (2014), 4′, rec/vl/perc
Premiered by Sauli Zinovjev as a conductor and Carolin Hettler (rec), Duru Seong (vl), Minami Shinichi (perc)
- Sonaatti-Fantasia (2010), 12′, vlc/pf
Premiered by Lauri Kankkunen, cello and Sauli Zinovjev, piano
- Binomi (2010), 3′, fl/bsn
Premiered by Antti Salovaara (bsn) and Kaisa Kortelainen (fl)
- Piano trio (2009), 25′, vl/vlc/pf
- Nocturne (2008), 5′, vlc/pf
Premiered by Kristian Plink, cello and Peter Lönqvist, piano
- Romance (2008), 6′, vl/pf
- Nocturne (2007), 6′, vl/pf
- Stringquartet 2 Carmen Balaneae (2006), 8′
- Stringquartet 1 (2006), 6′
- Chained (2015), 8′, accordion
Premiered and commissioned by Harri Kuusijärvi with the funding of Madetoja Foundation.
- Lacrymosa from Requiem (2016), 3′, cello
- Arco (2014), 7′, versions available for violin, viola and cello
Premiered by Aleksander Tengesdal
- Epilogi (2013), 8′, piano
Premiered by Hanna-Mari Kousa
- Elegietta (2013), 2′, guitar
Premiered by Pekka Koivisto
- Pianokappale (2011-2012), 8′, piano
Premiered by Gustav Nyström
- Riks-raks (2008), 2′, tuba
- 5 Impressions for piano (2006), 10′
- 2 Pianopices with french title (2006), 4′
- Mirkka Rekola songs (2015-18), 10′, sopr/pf (M. Rekola, in Finnish)
Will be premiered by Tuuli Lindeberg & Minttu Siitonen
- Requiem (2015-16), 23′, SATB/vlc
Commissioned by Mattias Rodrick with the funding of Teosto Fund and MES.
- Charged 2 (2016), 3′, sopr/8vlc (D.von Liliencron, in German)
Premiered by soprano Piia Komsi and cellists Martti Rousi, Lauri Kankkunen, Jonathan Roozeman, Markus Hallikainen, Oskari Holopainen, Marina Vidal Valle, Barbara Musafia and Lauri Rantamoijanen.
- Runo Runosta (2011-2012), 3′, sopr/b.cl/gtr (U. Kailas, in Finnish)
Premiered by Milla Mäkinen, Otto Tolonen and Angel Molinos
- Kirkastus (2010), 6′, bar/piano (A. Kouta, in Finnish)
Premiered by Jani Kyllönen and Iina Harjula